Saturday, January 24, 2009

Making Some Progress

After finishing up the framing and wiring we started to run some insulation, we got to the point where we needed to run the component video wires for the TVs and had to wait for them to come in after we ordered them online.

When the wires came in we ran them.  We had planned on putting the satellite receivers in one place on the trailer, and ordered two 50ft lengths and then realized the receivers would work better in another place and as such we had way too much cable.  So we ran it up and down the trailer to take out the slack.

Once we got the video cables ran we started to put up the lights and test out the electrical system.  And all the lights and plugs ended up working just fine, as you can see Blake is pleased.
The next big step was to start getting the exterior side door cutout and hinged and working.  Needless to say as amateur carpenters hanging a custom made door is not the easiest thing in the world.  So we started by cutting out the door in the side of the trailer with a skil saw and got to work.
It took some serious thought and a lot of sanding and planing to get the door hung.  But as you can see it is now up and working!  

Next on the agenda is to completely finish up the door completely and start working on the interior siding. 


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home